Located in the Sunnyside area, the jail was totally constructed of bricks with a cement roof. There were two small windows with bars, one on each side of the building. The interior was divided into two cells, enclosed by iron bars. An area in the front right corner of the building held a small pot belly stove and there were no bathroom facilities within the building!
Although the exact construction date is unknown, coal company records indicate that a “lock-up” was under consideration as early as April 1908. However, the tax records from Pine Township did not list the jail until 1928.